Super quick banana ice cream and caramel sauce. A bonus is that the ice cream can easily be made vegan by substituting the whole milk with almond milk!
- 100 g light brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 25 g salted butter
- 3/4 tbsp whole milk
Banana Ice Cream
- 1.5 bananas (sliced and frozen)
- Splash of whole milk
- 4 walnut halves (or whichever nuts you like)
1. In a small pan add the water to the sugar, give it a mix so it’s all combined then turn the heat to low/medium. Cook the caramel for around ten minutes.
2. Use a wet pastry brush to sweep around the inside of the pan if you notice sugar crystals coming up the sides. Be very careful to not touch the caramel as it will be extremely hot!
3. Whisk in the butter and milk, leave it to heat for a couple of minutes then remove the pan from the heat to cool a little.
4. Carefully decant the caramel into a clear air tight jar. Keep your lovely caramel in the fridge ready to slather on the yummy ice cream. See TOP TIPS below for how to easily clean the pan you cooked the caramel in.
Banana Ice Cream
1. This is so simple! lol. Add the frozen banana slices and milk into your blender and blitz till smooth.
2. Roughly chop your walnuts and mix them into your ice cream. The ice cream itself may be a little too soft as it comes straight out the blender, to firm it up simply pop it back into the freezer for five minutes and it will be much better.
Slather the lush caramel all over your ice cream and dig in!
To clean that hardened caramel off your pan and spatula, simply add some water to the pan and heat it on the stove top for a few minutes. The hot water will melt all the caramel away so there is no need to scrub it away. Works like magic!
You can sweeten the ice cream with a teaspoon of honey.
Why not add some chocolate chips to ice cream when you add the nuts?!
If you give this recipe a go don’t forget to let me know!
Feedback is always welcome