This one for sure you need to try at home!
Having seen it on restaurant menus everywhere I wanted to make it more at home, I never really order too many salads at restaurants because, that’s not me.
Making the dressing for yourself is what really makes this special, don’t go and buy the ready made one trust me this is so much tastier. You are essentially making a flavoured mayonnaise so just go slowly when adding the oil, take your time and you’ll be good.
Make this once and I bet you will make it again!
- 2 Baby gem lettuce
- 3 rashers back bacon
- White bread (Slightly stale is best)
- 2 chicken breasts
- Rapeseed oil
- 20g Parmesan
- 2 egg yolks
- 4/5 Anchovies
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Mixed dried herbs
Chicken & bacon
- Season your chicken breasts well with salt and pepper then rub some olive oil on
- Cook in a pre-heated (180) oven for around 20/30 mins depending on the size of chicken. Put your bacon in the oven around 10 mins after the chicken and they will come out cooked around the same time.
- Dice the bread into large cubes without any crust and put into a mixing bowl
- Season with salt & pepper and drizzle over olive oil
- Mix it all well and pop in the oven for 5/8 mins or till whenever they’re golden and crispy
- Blitz in a food processor; egg yolks, garlic, anchovies, white wine vinegar and dijon mustard
- Once it’s all broken down slowly add the rapeseed oil and wait for it to amalgamate with the blitzed ingredients. Once you achieve a nice thick mayonnaise consistency, fold in the Parmesan and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- TASTE IT! check the seasoning
When making the croutons why not toss em around in the fat from the bacon before you bake them for more flavour (Step 1 of croutons recipe)
Great for dinner parties
Use up leftover chicken to make a healthy light lunch
I really do hope you give this a go it’s so good! If you have any questions get in touch and I will answer them and if you like what you’ve made show me and let me know your thoughts!